Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quest for that perfect job (preferably with no “blow” attached to it) Part 2

I just came from yet another grueling recruitment process from a big liquor company. I took 5 crazy exams that honed the musculature of my fingers. (Wow how macho naman your fingers). I think the first one was to determine whether the applicant is a pervert who gets a hard-on everytime he sees someone that he desires (with questions such as, do you flirt with someone you are sexually attracted to?, crazy, I tell you). Or it may also want to determine whether I’m a professional free-loader (which I am at a point), bringing office supplies home for personal use (surely they won’t notice my obsession for paper clips?) and or playing computer games at company issued computers (or writing personal blogs during office hours!!! GUILTY!!!!!). The last exam had catapulted my eyebrows up to the penthouse! It was a fill in the blanks exam. One question : If I see a man and a woman together, I (then you supply the answer). WTF! Who cares?! Or another one : My sex life is (you supply the answer). I swear I could’ve added –none of your fucking business! Of course in the interest of being professional, I answered – a very private matter (notwithstanding the fact that I give a blow-by-blow, no pun intended, account to my friends). Another question was : I like my father but (then you fill in the blank). How about answering he’s a motherfuckin’ son of a bitch?

Anyway, I wrote this entry to diss some of the companies that I had bad experiences with specifically when it comes to recruitment. Of course, these are just my personal ramblings ha, this is not to judge any company entirely. Last time, I mentioned how I wasted my time and how I got an impromptu salivary shower from Nestle Philippines (Part 1). This time, I’ll be dissing Fonterra Brands, makers of Anchor and Anlene (remember the hideous commercial with Dina Bonnevie dancing together with middle aged women?). Anyway, here it goes. I took an entire day off so I can visit them with no hassles whatsoever. In fairness to them they were very courteous, it would be such a bummer meeting bitch receptionists, especially if they’re butt ugly. Since I’m currently at a mid-management position already, an achievement that I really worked hard for, I can safely assume that the companies that will invite me for job discussions will be offering me the same or higher positions, except of course if the company or the benefits offered (though for a lower position) are very spectacular. So imagine my dismay when I was offered a position that I have had years back. The HR lady has the audacity to ask me if it’s ok that what they’re offering me is lower from where I am at the moment. Of course affront I said sure no problem. I’m not that bastos naman. But deep inside I’m cursing Fuck I actually wasted gas and parking for this! Look, it’s not as if I’m acting like I’m high and mighty ok. All I’m saying is, so that we won’t waste each other’s time, HR people could at least READ my CV. I think its common sense to assume that a person, who has been handling a group already, doesn’t want to go back career-wise and report to a middle manager. Aargh. I swear I won’t let that happen to me again!

No comments: