Friday, July 18, 2008

Quest for that perfect job (preferably with no "blow" attached to it) Part 1

Current status: wallowing in deep-shit career non-existentialism. In simpler words, I want to fucking resign already! Therefore, I am actively pursuing the search that I had once been very wary of – job hunting. Sans idiocy, I am still currently connected with my current job, using company resources for all my application needs hehe. Anyway, suffice it to say, I have been to a lot, as in a LOT of interviews already. And I’ll be narrating all memorable ones (then your sarcastic shit will declare: of course you can only narrate stuff that you can only remember!!). I will be naming names if I my application’s status with them is already over. Aptly, I will be omitting stuff that I’m still considering to be in (of course, just to save my ass).

Deaf to the precautions from my bitch friend, I still tried applying for Nestle Philippines (my first name-drop hehe). My reasons were one, I am desperate, two, the office is just a stone throw away from Ateneo where I’m taking up my MBA, and three, it’s near from where I live. Anyway, I still did (obviously, this paragraph is a big hint). WTF! I waited in the lobby for an hour! If it weren’t for the sleeping guy across me who’s head kept on bobbing back and forth while I tried to stifle a laugh, I would have turned to ashes in annoyance. Not that I’m a diva or anything, 2 PM is 2 PM! Professionalism you guys! So after an hour, I was given some sheets to fill up and I took a Psychological exam while in the lobby. I probably failed that haha! Then I was called in for a meeting with the most hilarious person that I’ve ever met, of course I meant it in sarcastic drones. Do you know the most hilarious thing for me? Masking insecurities as bitchiness! So this HR person (who can’t even speak straight English) had the audacity to act bored while throwing questions with spittle on my direction! I swear I could’ve told her how bored I was during that exact moment!! I never thanked for the interview. Of course my phone never rang. Haha!

To be continued…

No comments: