Monday, February 9, 2009

Flashback

If you’re given the chance to go back to a certain part of your childhood, what will it be and why?

It’s the proverbial question that we always ask ourselves. Sometimes when we feel sad, or whenever we just feel like reminiscing. If I were to go back in time, I will choose my high school life. (Piping in – High School Life by Sharon Cuneta hehe). I guess I share this thing with most people – high school is the best period in one’s life, unless you were a loser then. I can’t ever imagine how I get by with a measly allowance, how I juggle my family drama with school and my extra-curricular activities. (Contrary to my father’s paranoia-which was the highlight of my high school life, I was never into drugs). I always cherish all the laughter and the memories that I shared with my friends then. Before the deadlines, anxiety pills, and conference meetings, me and my friends literally ran around (our school was blessed with vast football fields). If we get tired, we huddle while working our tongue muscles, while lambasting our favorite gossip topics. Whew, I will trade everything in my life now just so I’d be able to go back in high school and relive it.

So here’s to my high school barkada : Leah, Jessie, Mayang, Rhyme, Reggie, Fred, Francis, Ody, Venus, Bibi, Didi, Tonette, Lily, Jonaly, Limbee, Doris, Glenda, Brenda, Wani, Gayle, and the others – I miss you all guys!

1 comment:

doi said...

wow don! makahilak man sad tag popcorn. uli na diri para lat-an ka namo nila bibi and jessie! hehehe...miss you too don!